Galerie am Domhof

Today's Galerie am Domhof was opened in 1878 as an exhibition hall of the city art association Zwickauer Kunstverein.

The neoclassical style building is partly built on medieval foundations of a former Latin school. Together with the restored medieval Priesterhäuser (priests' houses) and St. Mary's Cathedral, the building forms a special urban ensemble in the centre of Zwickau.

The Galerie am Domhof sees itself as a meeting place for artists and art lovers. In the three rooms on the upper floor of the building, six to eight large, changing special exhibitions from various genres of contemporary art are presented each year.

Associations such as the Kunstverein Zwickau e.V., the Gesellschaft für christlich-jüdische Zusammenarbeit or the Förderstudio Literatur have their headquarters here.

link to full size version of the image

Galerie am Domhof