This declaration on accessibility applies to the websites of the town of Zwickau published under www.zwickau.de.
As a municipality, we strive to make our websites and mobile applications accessible in correspondence with the provisions of the German Equal Opportunities for People with Disabilities Act (Behindertengleichstellungsgesetz des Bundes; BGG) and the Regulation on Accessible Information Technology (Barrierefreie‐Informationstechnik‐Verordnung; BITV 2.0), implementing Directive (EU) 2019/882 of the European Parliament and the Council.
The requirements to accessibility result from §§ 3 (1) to (4) and 4 of the BITV 2.0, passed based on § 12d BGG.
This mostly corresponds to the standard of the "Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1" (WCAG 2.1 up to Level AA).
This website is only partly accessible based on the above directives.
- Alternative texts for graphical operating elements, figures, and elements have not been added everywhere yet. Some figures have unintelligible alt texts. (WCAG performance criterion 1.1.1)
- The structure and information for relationships for headlines, lists, structured contents, table cells, and form elements are not reflected fully and comprehensibly in the source code on some pages. (WCAG performance criterion 1.3.1)
- The order of contents within the page structure is not solved optimally, in particular in the contact forms. (WCAG performance criterion 1.3.2a)
Information conveyed by colours is only available by perception of the colour, in particular for links in the text body. (WCAG performance criterion 1.4.1a)
- The contrast between the font and background colours is too low in some places. (WCAG 1.4.3a)
- The contrast between figures and operating elements is too low in some places. (WCAG 1.4.11a)
- Some essential functions or contents can only be used by mouse. (WCAG performance criterion 2.1.1)
- Moving contents will not stop after 5 seconds or the movement cannot be interrupted or stopped. (WCAG performance criterion 2.2.2)
- Areas of the website that can be targeted directly have space for optimisation or further development. (WCAG performance criterion 2.4.1)
- Some places do not have any logical sequence for keyboard operation. (WCAG performance criterion 2.4.3)
- Informative link texts are missing in some places. (WCAG performance criterion 2.4.4)
- Labels on the page of the company database are not informative. (WCAG performance criterion 2.4.6)
- The current position of the standard browser focus is not evident in some places. (WCAG performance criterion 2.4.7a)
- The visible labels do not always match the accessible names. (WCAG performance criterion 2.5.3a)
- Words and sections in other languages are not completely marked with the lang attribute. (WCAG performance criterion 3.1.2)
- The input element and error message issued in case of incorrect input are not linked. (WCAG performance criterion 3.3.1)
- Form fields are not sufficiently labelled. (WCAG performance criterion 3.3.2)
- Some pages have syntax errors that may impair accessibility. (WCAG performance criterion 4.1.1)
- Interactive operating elements partly do not have any names and roles that can be determined in the program. (WCAG performance criterion 4.1.2)
- Status messages of the contents partly cannot be determined via roles or properties in the program. As a result, they cannot be output by assistive technologies. (WCAG performance criterion 4.1.3)
Compilation of the declaration
This declaration has been compiled on 01 July 2021.
The review was performed by the competence centre for accessible information and communication offers BIKOSAX in Leipzig from 17 May 2021 to 16 June 2021.
Operating system: Windows 10
Browser: Firefox 88.0
Screen reader: NVDA 2020.1
Feedback options, contact, enforcement proceedings
Reporting barriers on the website
Did you find any issues with accessibility of contents under www.zwickau.de? Are you looking for information on implementation of accessibility on the website? Contact us. Please use our contact form for your feedback.
You may contact the following office if you believe that you are disadvantaged by the lack of accessibility in the design of our websites or that you have not received any satisfactory response to your requests regarding accessibility of the website:
• Officer of the Saxon State Government for the matters of people with disabilities
Postal AddressAlbertstraße 1001097 Dresden
Visitor AddressArchivstraße 101097 DresdenStephan Pöhler
Get in touchPhone Number: +49 351 56412161Telefax Number: +49 351 56412169