The Representative for Disabled Persons represents the interests of people with disabilities and acts as a mediator between authorities, politicians and the general public. The tasks of the Representative for Disabled Persons are aimed at initiating and coordinating measures that reduce disadvantages for people with disabilities or stop these from arising in the first place.
The Representative for Disabled Persons provides practical tips to people with disabilities and shows them how and where they and their relatives can find competent help.
The Representative for Disabled Persons provides advice on individual issues, supports information events on disability issues and works closely with local social associations and institutions.
The activity is carried out on an honorary basis. The compensation for the activity is a monthly lump sum based on the valid compensation statutes.
- The Representative for Disabled Persons has the right to attend meetings of the city council, committees and local councils in an advisory capacity at any time.
- The Representative for Disabled Persons can contact the lord mayor or the city council at any time, as well as the mayors or individual officials of the city administration directly.
Main areas of activity:
- Advising the decision-making bodies and the administration in matters concerning the disabled, mainly in the construction sector
- Making proposals in disability matters and raising specific concerns of individual disabled persons
- Advice for disabled citizens on individual issues
- Support for information events on disability issues
- Press reports on local disability issues
- Cooperation with local social associations and institutions