The site of today’s Jacob Leupold Building of the University of Applied Sciences Zwickau used to be the location of an inn, and later the hotel Zur Grünen Tanne.
The building was demolished in the early 1980s. Robert Schumann would stop by as a student, and also during his later visits to Zwickau when he attended concerts given by the Casino Society. On 6th December 1835, Clara Wieck performed at the Casino-Saal zur Grünen Tanne. There is now a plaque commemorating her performance.